1000+ businesses in Swords and 450+ businesses at Greenogue Business Park in Rathcoole to benefit from €50m+ investment by Enet in fibre networks
New 10km network around Swords will incorporate Swords Business Campus, Seatown Business Campus, Swords Business Park, The Pavillions Shopping Centre and Airside Business Park
New 4km backhaul and fibre infrastructure in Greenogue Business Park in Rathcoole will provide the ability to connect mobile towers and over 450 new businesses to a new high speed fibre network
Work has also commenced on 45km of high-capacity fibre along the north and west of Dublin City which will increase capacity in Dublin by 900% and allow for 700 terabytes of traffic
Enet, Ireland’s largest open access telecoms network provider, has announced a significant new €50m+ investment in fibre networks in multiple locations around Ireland – including Swords and at Greenogue Business Park. The expansion will see Enet’s fibre network connect major commercial, retail and industrial zones to increase the availability of high-capacity data transport for data centre connectivity, mobile data traffic and mission critical business traffic.
The new €50m+ investment will allow network operators and more business premises across the country to directly connect to Enet’s comprehensive telecommunications network. Businesses on Enet’s network can avail of connectivity up to 100 Gbps within Ireland and to multiple international destinations in Europe and North America. Key focus areas from Phase 1 of investment include:
- Over 45km of new fibre networks along the north and west of Dublin city, connecting all of the major business parks which are home to the various IDC’s, telehouses and multinational companies as well as 25 Dublin data centres. Enet is increasing fibre availability on the route, known as the T50, by 900% and will allow for 700 terabytes of traffic
- A new 10km network around Swords providing fibre connections to 1000+ businesses across Swords Business Campus, Seatown Business Campus, Swords Business Park, The Pavillions Shopping Centre and Airside Business Park
- A new 4km backhaul and fibre infrastructure in Greenogue Business Park in Rathcoole which will provide the ability to connect mobile towers and over 450 new businesses to a new high speed fibre network
- The installation of ‘Fibre To The Tower’ in a range of locations
- New locations are made available on Enet’s customer self-serve portal as they near completion
Enet, which is part of the Speed Fibre Group, has already expanded its Dublin Metro network by over 18.5km between January to May this year in areas such as Rathmines in Dublin 6 and Westmoreland Street in Dublin 2.
Enet operates the largest alternative wholesale telecoms network in Ireland, which comprises of over 5,600 Km of fibre infrastructure, including the Irish State’s Metropolitan Area Networks (MANs), proprietary metro networks, a unique dark fibre backhaul infrastructure, as well as one of the largest licensed wireless networks in the country. Taken together, Enet’s infrastructure creates a fully integrated nationwide telecommunications network that is truly open access in nature, enabling retail service providers and network operators to deliver world class data connectivity services to their customers throughout Ireland and enabling them to connect internationally.
Enet also offers carriers a wide and innovative range of world-class fibre and wireless wholesale products and services, ranging from Managed Connectivity, Infrastructure Access, Direct Internet Access and white label broadband.
Peter McCarthy, Group CEO of Speed Fibre Group, the home of Enet, said: “We’re delighted to announce this significant new investment as it allows us to deliver the highest quality network connections in crucial commercial areas in Ireland, including Swords and at Greenogue Business Park. By implementing critical fibre networks to provide high bandwidth telecommunications connectivity to our wholesale customers, we are supporting thousands of businesses and consumers across the country with the network capacity they need to grow and prosper. By further enabling our world-class telecommunications networks, this investment will also really cement Ireland’s position as an ideal location for businesses to operate in.”
If you require further information, please reach out to our sales support team on firstname.lastname@example.org