The Technology Director is responsible for the full technology lifecycle. This includes the strategy and architecture of our networks and OSS/BSS systems, the development and delivery of key technology projects, technology support for product and customer service development, network and IT operations support, and leading transformation through adoption of technology.
The Technology Director, in conjunction with the wider management team, has joint accountability for identification and achievement of company strategic objectives established within the strategic business plan, and is responsible for the identification and execution of the technology strategy to underpin the company strategy.
The Technology Director will lead and manage a team of diverse engineering and information technology specialists to ensure the continued growth of the business. To achieve this growth, the role has responsibility for all project activities focusing on ensuring that all projects are delivered to timescale, budget, quality, whilst maintaining high levels of client/customer satisfaction.
- Interact and collaborate with business units/partners throughout the company to identify opportunities and drive growth.
- Identify and execute business process improvements related to technical and engineering solutions.
- Lead and direct interdepartmental teams to promote effective interaction and communication within the company, while also building synergy within the team.
- Build, develop and support your team by implementing professional development plans and managing performance through performance management framework.
- Ensure your team have clear understanding of their roles, responsibilities, and accountabilities.
- Experience of mentoring and coaching teams through performance, staff development and accountability.
- Integrating technology-based activities into the organization through effective relationships with key people throughout the company.
- Contributing to the strategic direction of the company by identifying the role that specific technologies will play in its future growth and developing implementation strategies in line with business objectives.
- Develop and maintain three-year technology architecture and strategy to underpin business strategy.
- Provide strong thought leadership on emerging technologies and process improvements.
- Analyse various technical and engineering solutions and recommend based on technical and financial merits.
- Develop track and control the development of OPEX/CAPEX budgets for purchasing resources and operations.
- Prepare financial budgets and present proposals for capital projects to the board.
- Monitor’s KPI and budgets to assess departmental performance.
- Lead the strategy for technology and engineering platforms, partnerships, and external relationships.
- Lead the execution of technology projects, KPIs and SLAs through effective, vendor, partner, project and operational management.
- Delivery of annual targets.
- Promote equal opportunity, inclusion and diversity and dignity in the workplace in recognition of the differences that exist between all people.
- Provide visible leadership and support to ensure that the visions and values of the business are adhered to and demonstrate a commitment to collaborative behaviour including developing effective customer relationships.
- Support the CEO and Executive Leadership team on developing new opportunities and customers/suppliers.
- Lead on the communication strategy to your teams and ensure lessons learnt throughout projects are captured and communicated.
- Stimulate innovation and creative thinking in the project teams, ensure processes are being adhered to.
This challenging role requires the candidate to provide a sound understanding of business fundamentals from a carrier perspective with strong market insight. They should have fixed and wireless telecommunications industry experience, preferably from more than one operator.
They will have a proven track record of delivering technology-related business outcomes across a large, complex portfolio and demonstrated ability to interpret technology and market trends as a foundation for technology and product roadmaps.
A self-starter and motivated individual - the ideal candidate will have:
- Degree in Electronic Engineering/Telecommunications/ Computer Science
- M.Sc./ MBA desirable
- 15 years' experience in the telecommunications sector.
- Min 10 years managerial experience, overseeing diverse teams and projects
- Excellent spoken and written English, with good communication skills
- Ability to manage and prioritise tasks and projects
- Flexibility in approach to work and work ethic
- Strategic thinking and strong business acumen are essential in this role.
- Be well-versed in current technological trends and familiar with a variety of business concepts.
Enet are more than just telecoms operators; we are a team of dedicated people who are focused on going that extra mile for our customers. Here at Enet, we recognise that the most important ingredient in being a great company is having great people. The Enet team is undoubtedly our greatest asset, and we are dedicated to attracting and retaining extraordinary people. We are always on the look-out for people who are talented, highly motivated and dedicated to delivering our commitments to our customers. As part of the Enet team, we will work hard to nurture your talent and curiosity, develop your skills and realise your potential.
We have recently opened our state-of-the-art Network Operations Centre (NOC), which is part of the new €1m headquarters in Limerick. This facility doubles the size of the premises we have and will enable us to continue to deliver a genuinely world-class service for our customers. The NOC operates on a 24/7 basis all year round monitoring our wide range of infrastructure. Enet operates the largest, alternative, wholesale telecoms network in Ireland. Our infrastructure comprises of over 5,400 Km of state-of-the-art fibre, including metro fibre (Enet owned networks and the Irish State’s Metropolitan Area Networks) and a unique dark fibre backhaul network. In addition, the company also operates one of the largest licensed wireless networks in the country. Taken together, Enet’s infrastructure creates a fully integrated, nationwide network that is truly open access in nature, enabling our customers, the retail service providers, to deliver world class bandwidth services to their customers throughout Ireland.
If you think you have what it takes and you feel the need for a genuine unique challenge, please apply in full confidence to email@example.com