The application support engineer is responsible for the operational support, administration, maintenance and monitoring for various network management systems, operational support systems and business support systems, and developing/implementing new solutions including system integrations in enet. Working in a team to ensure all system solutions are managed, monitored and supported. Use ITIL Service Management, and ISO270001 aligned processes to ensure system solutions meet business and customer requirements. Ensure appropriate support is in place for all systems, and support arrangements are documented. Implement appropriate monitoring and alerting.
- Lead application support engineer for NMS & OSS Systems providing operations support, maintenance & of the enet application estate (including but not limited to):
- CA-Spectrum, CA-Performance Manger, Ceragon Netmaster, Nokia NFP
- Working in a team to support BSS systems, providing operations support, maintenance & administrations to COTS and bespoke BSS software solutions
- Develop system/application integrations (API, data loaders, etc) and automations to optimise business processes
- Software development, testing and deployment
- Asset management, License management and security management across all application platforms
- Create, maintain and administer support documentation and training materials
This challenging role requires the candidate to operate as hands-on application support, with responsibility for support and maintenance tasks, service delivery and problem solving in a fast-moving and varied technical environment.
A self-starter and motivated individual - the ideal candidate will have:
- Diploma/degree in Information Technology, Computer Science
- Technical Accreditations such as MTD, AWS Certified Developer, OCP, Python (PCEP, PCAP), PERL etc. desirable
- Two years' experience in an IT application support/programming role with strong working knowledge of software development lifecycle, scripting, database and web development technologies
- Systematic troubleshooting skills
- Excellent spoken and written English, with good communication skills
- A solid hands-on IT background working in an IT team environment
- Flexibility in approach to work and work ethic
Enet are more than just telecoms operators; we are a team of dedicated people who are focused on going that extra mile for our customers. Here at Enet, we recognise that the most important ingredient in being a great company is having great people. The Enet team is undoubtedly our greatest asset, and we are dedicated to attracting and retaining extraordinary people. We are always on the look-out for people who are talented, highly motivated and dedicated to delivering our commitments to our customers. As part of the Enet team, we will work hard to nurture your talent and curiosity, develop your skills and realise your potential.
We have recently opened our state-of-the-art Network Operations Centre (NOC), which is part of the new €1m headquarters in Limerick. This facility doubles the size of the premises we have and will enable us to continue to deliver a genuinely world-class service for our customers. The NOC operates on a 24/7 basis all year round monitoring our wide range of infrastructure. Enet operates the largest, alternative, wholesale telecoms network in Ireland. Our infrastructure comprises of over 5,400 Km of state-of-the-art fibre, including metro fibre (Enet owned networks and the Irish State’s Metropolitan Area Networks) and a unique dark fibre backhaul network. In addition, the company also operates one of the largest licensed wireless networks in the country. Taken together, Enet’s infrastructure creates a fully integrated, nationwide network that is truly open access in nature, enabling our customers, the retail service providers, to deliver world class bandwidth services to their customers throughout Ireland.
If you think you have what it takes and you feel the need for a genuine unique challenge, please apply in full confidence to email@example.com