Development Operations Engineer
enet, Ireland’s largest open access network operator and the company responsible for managing the State’s fiber-optic Metropolitan Area Networks (MANs). enet provide a wide range of telecoms services on a wholesale basis and have become the provider of choice for fibre and wireless network services to the telecommunications industry in Ireland. enet currently has an exciting opportunity for a DevOps Engineer to join an exciting company implementing some of the latest technology.
Job Purpose: The DevOps role is to build a strategy that focuses on simplifying the overall operating environment to achieve the goal of continuous delivery and enable faster release and deployment cycles by taking advantage of agile development technologies, improving collaboration between the various stakeholders and development and operations teams.
- Perform analysis of Business Processes and develop requirements of new services
- Technical UML Modelling of new services and workflows as needed
- Documentation, design and implementation for ongoing projects and delivered services
- Drive automation in all areas of IT infrastructure, software and provisioning and in support of Network Management and Network provisioning with Network Engineers
- Independently research and develop solutions to internal requirements
- Effectively manage resources in team efforts, communicate concepts and train other users
Skills & experience
- Good understanding of Agile methodologies in Software Development and developing Business Processes
- Good knowledge of RESTFul API concepts and JSON
- Good working knowledge of a CM tool with Saltstack or Ansible preferred
- Working knowledge of RDBMS systems such as Oracle, Postgres and MySQL
- Working knowledge of NoSQL DBMS such as Cassandra, Elasticsearch, MongoDB or DynamoDB Familiarity with using the ELK stack and defining Logstash configurations
- Ability to work with Regex and Grok filters.
- Strong understanding of AWS Cloud services and concepts, and how automation integrates with the platform
- Understanding of Server and Networking Virtualisation with experience in one or more of VMWare, Libvirtd/ KVM, OVS, SDN or a full cloud stack such as Openstack etc.
- Experience with Bamboo or another CI tool, with experience of Selenium Grid, and a Unit testing framework, such as TestNG, Junit, Maven or equivalent in other Languages.
Not a requirement but advantageous
- Ability to administer RHEL & Windows environments
- Experience managing & developing in a cloud infrastructure such as AWS
- Database administration & queries
- Good understanding of TCP/IP stack
- Working knowledge of RADIUS & LDAP
- Previous experience working in a telco
- 3rd Level qualification in a relevant degree or professional certifications
- 3+ year experience in a DevOps role
If you think you have what it takes and you feel the need for a genuinely unique challenge, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the subject line – please respond by September 3rd 2018