Wireless Networks Operation Manager
Work with the Operations team to manage and direct all subcontracting resources on the delivery of services from including installs, PPM and FLM perspective. Work cross functionally within the business and bring excellent technical knowledge of wireless networks. Bring competent project management skills and an ability to drive efficiencies on how we do business through ongoing process and procedural improvements.
Enet operates the largest, alternative, wholesale telecoms network in Ireland. Our infrastructure comprises of over 5,400 Km of state-of-the-art fibre, including metro fibre (Enet owned networks and the Irish State’s Metropolitan Area Networks) and a unique dark fibre backhaul network. In addition, the company also operates one of the largest licensed wireless networks in the country.
Taken together, Enet’s infrastructure creates a fully integrated, nationwide network that is truly open access in nature, enabling our customers, the retail service providers, to deliver world class bandwidth services to their customers throughout Ireland.
Enet are more than just telecoms operators; we are a team of dedicated people who are focused on going that extra mile for our customers.
Here at Enet, we continually strive to be a great organisation. We recognise that the most important ingredient in being a great company is having great people. The Enet team is undoubtedly our greatest asset, and we are dedicated to attracting and retaining extraordinary people.
Enet employees are motivated and highly skilled people who believe in what we are doing and genuinely enjoy coming to work. We have created a happy, relaxed environment for our people, where they have the opportunities to learn and grow on a daily basis. Ours is a fast-paced, dynamic environment; perfect for those who love to be challenged.
We are always on the look-out for people who are talented, highly motivated and dedicated to delivering our commitments to our customers. As part of the Enet team, we will work hard to nurture your talent and curiosity, develop your skills and realise your potential.
- Driving operational excellence in everything enet does, including creating processes, implementing procedures and improving efficiencies through automation of tasks.
- Supporting our customers and ensuring that their needs and issues are fully addressed.
- Contributing and to supporting the long-term strategic vision and business plans of the company.
- Management of items such as risk, resources, quality and delivery of service to agreed timelines.
- Delivering to monthly forecasts that are set out by senior management.
- Management of Comreg and High Site approvals and be able to ensure that such permissions are approved in line with project planning.
- Management of the decommissioning of wireless networks and the contractors in this regard to agreed timelines and costs
- Management of FLM and Preventative Maintenance planning on our wireless networks.
- Ensuring fiscal governance within the delivery of projects and proper management of Capex and Opex budgets.
- Management of third-party contractors, including the application of appropriate KPI measurements against their performance.
- Driving quality of service metrics with our contractors. This includes measurement of our response and resolution times.
- Ensuring adherence at all times to all relevant Health and Safety regulations, including compliance by third-party contractors with relevant regulations and ensuring they have safe systems in place.
- Problem management and the appropriate management of escalated issues by customers.
- A level 8 Bachelor’s degree in Network Engineering from an accredited university or commensurate experience in a similar role.
- 7+ years working in the wireless telecoms industry at Network Engineer level.
- 5+ years managing wireless network build teams or engineering teams.
- A Health & Safety qualification would be beneficial.
- Be a results-oriented individual, capable of delivering to monthly forecasts that are set out by senior management.
- Demonstrable experience in delivering complex projects to agreed deadlines. The Operations manager must prove that they are competent in co-ordinating and resolving complex issues in the delivery of projects using relevant Project management skills.
- Be highly organized and demonstrate a strong detail orientation and analytical in thinking.
- Excellent communications skills and be able to influence and communicate with your peers and managers at all levels within the organization and to Customer management.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work across various teams within the organizations such as Engineering, MSD, Sales and the PMO.
- The successful candidate must have the ability lead a strong team of technical personnel and to demonstrate this through their own achievements.
- You must demonstrate a a proficiency with Work Management systems and experience with Excel, Works, PowerPoint and Visio is also required.
If you think you have what it takes and you feel the need for a genuine unique challenge, please apply in full confidence to email@example.com. Application closing date for this role is noon Monday, May 27th, 2019.