Network Operations Centre (NOC) Commander
enet is Ireland’s largest open access network operator and is responsible for managing the State’s fibre-optic Metropolitan Area Networks (MANs). enet manages the 2nd largest fibre network in Ireland providing leading-edge fibre based products and services to 50+ Irish Telecom businesses. We provide a wide range of products and services on a wholesale basis to the Irish Telecommunications operator community.
At enet you will get a chance to put your ideas into action with maximum impact. The company is growing rapidly with an environment that is fast-paced, challenging and customer-oriented. We are committed to continuous learning and development for all employees. We have built a business and a team that, we believe, is Ireland’s best.
- Provide 2nd line technical support for enet’s Network Operations team including mentoring 1st line support engineers
- Ensure that the NOC are reacting to and resolving national network and service faults & events within SLA times
- Coordinate the response activities for major incidents across the fibre and wireless network platforms
- Ensure customers are fully furnished with the status of incidents as per SLAs
- Provide timely completion of root cause investigations after fault scenarios.
- Supports the NOC manager in mentoring and identifying opportunities to develop and upskill NOC Engineers
- Change management approval and scheduling
- Vendor/partner interaction and escalation handling
- Manage, develop and improve Problem Management processes
- Facilities management – oversee the ongoing maintenance of enet facilities across the country
- Participation in company emergency callout rota
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Eligibility to work in Ireland
Key Required Competencies
- Five years’ experience in Network Operations Centre at Telecom operation
- Ability to demonstrate leadership skills in operational environment under pressure
- In depth knowledge of DWDM/Ethernet/IP/MPLS/Wireless, preferably specialized in one with a good grounding in the others
- Excellent communication skills with ability to build strong relationships with peer engineers internally and externally in customer and vendor organizations.
- Good understanding of Co-location Build (Power, Aircon, batteries, BMS)
- Good understanding of transmission and routing & switching network principles, including service and network build experience in those platforms
- Excellent time management and organizational skills and exceptional attention to detail with an ability to multitask
- High levels of flexibility, willingness to learn and develop and awareness of future trends in the telecommunications industry
Additional Competencies which would be highly advantageous (in order of priority)
- Familiarity with one (or more) of the following vendor platforms – Nokia (formerly Alcatel-Lucent), Juniper, Ceragon, Ciena, or Coriant (formerly Tellabs)
- Experience testing or validating Carrier Network design and rollout.
- Cisco/Juniper/Nokia - IP/Ethernet certification
- Track record of successful technical project execution
- Familiarity with ITIL framework
If you think you have what it takes and you feel the need for a genuinely unique challenge, please apply to email@example.com