Product Development Manager
enet is Ireland’s largest open access network operator and is responsible for managing the State’s fibre-optic Metropolitan Area Networks (MANs). enet manages the 2nd largest fibre network in Ireland providing leading-edge fibre based products and services to 50+ Irish Telecom businesses. We provide a wide range of products and services on a wholesale basis to the Irish Telecommunications operator community.
At enet you will get a chance to put your ideas into action with maximum impact. The company is growing rapidly with an environment that is fast-paced, challenging and customer-oriented. We are committed to continuous learning and development for all employees. We have built a business and a team that, we believe, is Ireland’s best.
enet are looking for the successful candidate to be the New Product solutions champion. This will require the successful candidate to work closely with our clients in order to deliver leading edge products that maximise the sales opportunity in play. This position facilitates leading the organisation into the next phase of product development as well as ensuring that our core products are built on solid technical foundations and are kept relevant to markets changing requirements. This role requires the candidate to work at all levels within enet along with supporting sales and customer engagements. The primary location of this role will be in either our Dublin or Limerick office and will require frequent travel between the enet offices and customer premises.
- Assist the Product Manager in defining and developing new enet products
- Work closely with the enet process manager to ensure the effective introduction of new products into enet and defining new business processes with cross-departmental teams
- Responsible for working with the product manager in defining product strategy, developing and executing the product roadmap and developing detailed market requirements
- This role requires advanced technical/industry knowledge. An entrepreneurial product leader responsible for defining, developing and leading how we deliver services to our customers. Focused on the customer experience with an ability to understand and translate market opportunities and customer needs into product requirements and solutions.
- The successful candidate will identify market direction, what's important to customers, where technology and features are evolving and where the company can effectively compete. The candidate should have a working understanding of the technologies relevant to customers that buy our services including Dedicated Internet Access, IP Transit, layer 2 and layer 3 networking, security, firewall, IOT etc.
- Lead the development of new products and product features by understanding the market and product requirements
- Lead technical qualification meetings with customers to understand their needs and develop into products.
- Look for the edge of technical solutions, liaising with vendors, attending technical conferences and trade shows.
- Develop product direction and make recommendations to the Senior Management Team on product strategy based on input from sales team, marketing, engineering, products, customers and prospect customer discussions.
- Engage in sales strategy discussions with Account Team to understand our technical/commercial challenges.
- Develop and present training for the sales team and wider organisation.
- Speak at / deliver presentations and demonstrate products / solutions for external audiences at press events, conferences, road-show, webinars, and other venues.
- Provide technical expertise to business development projects
- Other duties as required
Skills & Experience
Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Telecommunications or Technical field is essential
Engineering experience in a sales environment is essential
Experience in successfully delivering NPD/NPI Projects
Experience in a Retail and Wholesale Telecommunications organisation is essential
Proven results collaborating directly with customers
Fundamental knowledge of voice, video and other data types, application and network security awareness, switching and routing best practices and collocation
Exceptional knowledge of LAN/WAN network technologies is essential. Good understanding of telecom products such as Dedicated Internet Access, IP Transit, layer 2 and layer 3 networking, security, firewall, 4G/LTE solutions etc.
Experience and detailed knowledge of various access media options such as Fibre, Wireless, VDSL, FTTx, xPON, 4G etc
Proactive and self-motivated - ability to drive projects and assignments
Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills appropriate for both internal and external communication. Ability to be assertive and persuasive with prospects, clients and colleagues.
Strong individual contributor requiring minimal direct supervision, able to manage multiple projects, team player and make decisions demonstrating sound business judgment
Innovative and lateral thinker with the tenacity to see things through to a successful outcome
Familiarity with MS Visio, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook & Salesforce
Knowledge of Irish Telecommunication market is essential
If you think you have what it takes and you feel the need for a genuinely unique challenge, please apply to email@example.com