Provisioning and Deployment Engineer
enet is Ireland’s largest open access network operator and is the company responsible for managing the State’s fibre-optic Metropolitan Area Networks (MANs). enet provide a wide range of telecoms services on a wholesale basis and have become the provider of choice for fibre network services to the telecommunications industry in Ireland.
enet are more than just telecoms operators; we are a team of dedicated people who are focused on going that extra mile for our customers.
Here at enet we continually strive to be a great organisation. We recognise that the most important ingredient in being a great company is having great people. The enet team is undoubtedly our greatest asset, and we are dedicated to attracting and retaining extraordinary people.
enet employees are motivated and highly skilled people who believe in what we are doing and genuinely enjoy coming to work. We have created a happy, relaxed environment for our people, where they have the opportunities to learn and grow on a daily basis. Ours is a fast-paced, dynamic environment, perfect for those with who love to be challenged.
We are always on the look-out for people who are talented, highly motivated and dedicated to delivering our commitments to our customers. As part of the enet team we will work hard to nurture your talent and curiosity, develop your skills and realise your potential.
Role DescriptionThe Provisioning and Deployment Engineer will work within our Service Delivery team, based in Limerick and report to the Provisioning and Deployment manager.The below responsibilities and competencies are to be viewed as a guide for this role and not as an exhaustive list. This job description serves to reflect the nature of the duties included in the role and given the nature of the organisation and the need to respond to customer needs on an on-going basis, the role maybe subject to change over time.
• Design and deploy customer services to the highest standard across our diverse platforms.
• Identify requirements for each service delivery and work with relevant departments to ensure these are in place – e.g. core nodes, new backhaul, diversity requirements etc.
• High levels of flexibility, willingness to learn and develop and awareness of future trends in the telecommunications industry.
• Provide technical support in large or complex projects.
• Provide support and guidance to team members where required.
• Provide technical support to the greater service delivery department as required.
• Network performance review and improvement.
• Preparation of customer handover packs to spec and submit for acceptance.
• Availability for out-of-hours (night planned works) from time to time.
• Other ad hoc duties as required.
Skills and Experience Required
Key Required Competencies
• Service provider experience, of which field experience is highly desirable.
• A team player driven by an appetite to learn and develop.
• Track record of successful technical project execution.
• Good general understanding of transmission network principles, including circuit design and proven experience of contributing to improving resilient platform operation.
• Experience in a scripting language such as Python etc. and a general understanding of network programmability / dev-ops methodologies
• Demonstrate application of problem-solving skills within the telecommunications transmission field.
• Excellent time management and organisational skills and exceptional attention to detail.
• Ability to manage on-site engineers when deploying services, ensure quality is maintained during installs.
• Good documentation and general communication ability with strong interpersonal skills.
Additional Competencies which would be highly advantageous (in order of priority)
• Familiarity with some of the following platforms; Ciena, Ceragon, Nokia, Juniper.
• Telecom vendor experience in testing and validation of carrier class platforms.
• Cisco or another IP and / or Ethernet certification.
• Degree in Telecoms or IT Engineering
If you think you have what it takes and you feel the need for a genuine unique challenge, please apply in full confidence to email@example.com. Application closing date for this role is noon Monday, March 4th, 2019.