Project Manager – 6 Months Fixed Term Contract
enet is Ireland’s largest open access network operator and is the company responsible for managing the State’s fibre-optic Metropolitan Area Networks (MANs). enet provide a wide range of telecoms services on a wholesale basis and have become the provider of choice for fibre network services to the telecommunications industry in Ireland.
enet are more than just telecoms operators; we are a team of dedicated people who are focused on going that extra mile for our customers.
Here at enet we continually strive to be a great organisation. We recognise that the most important ingredient in being a great company is having great people. The enet team is undoubtedly our greatest asset, and we are dedicated to attracting and retaining extraordinary people.
enet employees are motivated and highly skilled people who believe in what we are doing and genuinely enjoy coming to work. We have created a happy, relaxed environment for our people, where they have the opportunities to learn and grow on a daily basis. Ours is a fast-paced, dynamic environment, perfect for those with who love to be challenged.
We are always on the look-out for people who are talented, highly motivated and dedicated to delivering our commitments to our customers. As part of the enet team we will work hard to nurture your talent and curiosity, develop your skills and realise your potential.
enet is seeking to add a Project Manager to join our growing and experienced team based in our Limerick offices. This is an exciting role for a result’s driven and experienced individual who is looking to bring their career to the next level. This is a contract position for an initial 6 month duration, which may be extended.
You will report to our Senior Technical Project Manager while delivering on key projects of your own. Duties would include: -
- Lead and own assigned projects to completion
- Provide Snr Tech PM with reports and updates as required
- Troubleshoot problems that come up during projects
- Develop individual project plans complete with budgetary information and resource needs
- Communicate with our networks, technical and IT department about resource allocation and management
- Host a project meeting at least once per week for each project under your direction
- Refine project budget as needed to ensure timeliness and fiscal responsibility
- Coordinate with vendors and suppliers as needed
- Communicate project objectives to all team members involved
- Ensure that all projects and project orders are completed to SLA
- Provide weekly RAG updates on all key projects to the Snr Tech PM
- Introduce new Agile working methods as needed to drive efficiency and productivity
- Take ownership of issues and lead them through to resolution through engagement, communication and by leading by example
- Bachelor’s degree in technology or business-related discipline required or equivalent career experience.
- A hands-on attitude and willingness to get involved in assisting with finding solutions to problems at a practical level.
- A good understanding of the technical aspects of all network types and their delivery, in particular Fibre and Wireless technologies.
- 6+ years’ experience in a supervisory capacity.
- Proven ability to complete projects on time and within the stated budget.
- Excellent communication, organization, time-management and leadership skills.
- Project management Methodology skills – PRINCE2, Agile or similar.
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date for this role is noon Monday March 18th, 2019. Enet is an equal opportunities employer.