We are looking for the successful candidate to provide technical expertise externally to our customers as well as internally throughout the company. The role covers all elements of product ownership from inception, business casing, product management, product development, roadmap, budget ownership and life cycle management,
The candidate will be responsible for developing and managing enet’s services into the next phase of growth as well as ensuring that all our products (wholesale ethernet, broadband, dark fibre, duct and co-lo) are built on solid technical foundations and are capable of maximising our sales opportunities. This role will require working with all levels within enet along with engaging both existing and new customers. The primary location of this role will be either our Limerick or Dublin office and will require frequent travel between offices and customer premises.
enet is Ireland’s largest open access network operator and is the company responsible for managing the State’s fibre-optic Metropolitan Area Networks (MANs). enet provide a wide range of telecoms services on a wholesale basis and have become the provider of choice for fibre network services to the telecommunications industry in Ireland.
enet are more than just telecoms operators; we are a team of dedicated people who are focused on going that extra mile for our customers.
Here at enet we continually strive to be a great organisation. We recognise that the most important ingredient in being a great company is having great people. The enet team is undoubtedly our greatest asset, and we are dedicated to attracting and retaining extraordinary people.
enet employees are motivated and highly skilled people who believe in what we are doing and genuinely enjoy coming to work. We have created a happy, relaxed environment for our people, where they have the opportunities to learn and grow on a daily basis. Ours is a fast-paced, dynamic environment, perfect for those with who love to be challenged.
We are always on the look-out for people who are talented, highly motivated and dedicated to delivering our commitments to our customers. As part of the enet team we will work hard to nurture your talent and curiosity, develop your skills and realise your potential.
• Lead technical qualification meetings with customers, while educating all stakeholders on the benefits of the "enet Product Portfolio”.
• Define the product strategy for our existing and new products and services as part of our roadmap.
• Oversee the development of new products, product features, product releases and engineering solutions based on customer requirements, providing all relevant design documentation and solution considerations.
• Responsibility for the end to end delivery of the product and product enhancements, ensuring close attention to detail and forging direct relationships with the engineering departments.
• Look for the edge of technical solutions, liaising with vendors, attending technical conferences and trade shows.
• Develop product direction and make recommendations to the Senior Management Team on product strategy based on input from sales team, marketing, customers and prospect customer discussions.
• Engage in sales strategy discussions with Account Team to understand our technical/commercial challenges.
• Develop and present training for the sales team and wider organisation.
• Ensure documentation for existing products are complete and up to date.
• Any other duties are required
Skills and Experience Required
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Telecommunications or technical field is beneficial.
• Engineering experience in a sales environment or experience in technically supporting sales but providing customer solutions, designs and pricing.
• Essential: switching and routing best practices and collocation. Exceptional knowledge of LAN/WAN network technologies, and wholesale broadband technologies and product sets.
• Desirable: Fundamental knowledge of voice, video and other data types, application and network security awareness.
• Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills appropriate for both internal and external communication. Ability to be assertive and persuasive with prospects, clients and colleagues.
• Strong individual contributor requiring minimal direct supervision, able to manage multiple projects, team player and make decisions demonstrating sound business judgment.
• Innovative and lateral thinker with the tenacity to see things through to a successful outcome.
• Familiarity with MS Visio, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook & Salesforce.
If you think you have what it takes and you feel the need for a genuine unique challenge, please apply in full confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org before noon Monday, 4th March 2019.