The Senior Network Engineer has an expert knowledge of service provider networking concepts and theory, and with experience participating in operational network support in a service provider environment. They will have solid knowledge and understanding of information security principles, protocols, standards, and practices. The Senior Network Engineer will use this skill set to provide design and support solutions to multiple areas of the business. They will report to the Development & Solutions Team Lead.
End-to-end design, planning, implementation, and support of telecom network solutions.
- Configuration, management and troubleshooting of Core / ISP and Broadband Subscriber Network Functions.
- Provide 3rd level operational network support.
- Drive standards across the network and ensure that we are fully compliant to those standards and policies.
- Create and review documentation and process regarding recurring issues, new standard operating procedures, knowledge transfer material, etc.
- Create internal design configuration documentation including network diagrams with technical explanations.
- Work with Product Management to feedback on issues with current products and provide input around new products.
- Perform technical development for bespoke solutions as part of a design and development framework.
- Take the lead in technical workshops.
- Provide accurate and timely management information, to include - activity reports, network KPIs, project forecasts etc.
- Act as mentor to network team members.
- Participate as escalation point in rotating third level on call support schedule.
- The person will be educated to degree level or a minimum of 5 years networking experience, ideally in a telecommunications environment but similar experience in an enterprise environment will also be considered.
- Knowledge and hands-on experience of Juniper & Alcatel Lucent routers and switches.
- In-depth knowledge of and experience with routing protocols, specifically BGP, MPLS, ISIS, OSPF, RADIUS.
- Experience with ISP Peering maintenance and troubleshooting including understanding of Internet Routing Norms, the operation of Internet Exchange Points.
- Experience (design/build/operation) with Broadband Subscriber systems including RADIUS.
- Track record of successful technical project execution.
- Strong understanding of WAN and CPE QoS technologies including traffic prioritization and traffic shaping.
- Certification of JNCIP/CCNP/NRSII or equivalent.
- MEF Certification desirable.
- Professional documentation skills experience relating to process/procedure plus technical design.
Enet are more than just telecoms operators; we are a team of dedicated people who are focused on going that extra mile for our customers. Here at Enet, we recognise that the most important ingredient in being a great company is having great people. The Enet team is undoubtedly our greatest asset, and we are dedicated to attracting and retaining extraordinary people. We are always on the look-out for people who are talented, highly motivated and dedicated to delivering our commitments to our customers. As part of the Enet team, we will work hard to nurture your talent and curiosity, develop your skills and realise your potential.
We have recently opened our state-of-the-art Network Operations Centre (NOC), which is part of the new €1m headquarters in Limerick. This facility doubles the size of the premises we have and will enable us to continue to deliver a genuinely world-class service for our customers. The NOC operates on a 24/7 basis all year round monitoring our wide range of infrastructure. Enet operates the largest, alternative, wholesale telecoms network in Ireland. Our infrastructure comprises of over 5,400 Km of state-of-the-art fibre, including metro fibre (Enet owned networks and the Irish State’s Metropolitan Area Networks) and a unique dark fibre backhaul network. In addition, the company also operates one of the largest licensed wireless networks in the country. Taken together, Enet’s infrastructure creates a fully integrated, nationwide network that is truly open access in nature, enabling our customers, the retail service providers, to deliver world class bandwidth services to their customers throughout Ireland.
If you think you have what it takes and you feel the need for a genuine unique challenge, please apply in full confidence to email@example.com