The Senior Network Engineer has an expert knowledge of networking concepts and theory, and with experience participating in operational network support in a service provider environment. The Senior Network Engineer also has solid knowledge and understanding of information security principles, protocols, standards and practices.
Enet operates the largest, alternative, wholesale telecoms network in Ireland. Our infrastructure comprises of over 5,400 Km of state-of-the-art fibre, including metro fibre (Enet owned networks and the Irish State’s Metropolitan Area Networks) and a unique dark fibre backhaul network. In addition, the company also operates one of the largest licensed wireless networks in the country.
Taken together, Enet’s infrastructure creates a fully integrated, nationwide network that is truly open access in nature, enabling our customers, the retail service providers, to deliver world class bandwidth services to their customers throughout Ireland.
Enet are more than just telecoms operators; we are a team of dedicated people who are focused on going that extra mile for our customers.
Here at Enet, we continually strive to be a great organisation. We recognise that the most important ingredient in being a great company is having great people. The Enet team is undoubtedly our greatest asset, and we are dedicated to attracting and retaining extraordinary people.
Enet employees are motivated and highly skilled people who believe in what we are doing and genuinely enjoy coming to work. We have created a happy, relaxed environment for our people, where they have the opportunities to learn and grow on a daily basis. Ours is a fast-paced, dynamic environment; perfect for those who love to be challenged.
We are always on the look-out for people who are talented, highly motivated and dedicated to delivering our commitments to our customers. As part of the Enet team, we will work hard to nurture your talent and curiosity, develop your skills and realise your potential.
- end-to-end design, planning, implementation and support of internal and customer network solutions
- configuration, management and troubleshooting of network related issues
- provide higher level operational network support
- support day-to-day managed firewall administration
- drive standards across the network and ensure that we are fully compliant to those standards and policies
- create and review documentation and process regarding recurring issues, new standard operating procedures, knowledge transfer material, etc.
- act as mentor to network team members
- participate as escalation point in rotating third level on call support schedule
- Experience in a network design and operation environment gained in an ISP or telco environment.
- Knowledge and experience of Juniper & Alcatel Lucent routers and switches
- In-depth knowledge of and experience with routing protocols, specifically BGP, MPLS, ISIS, OSPF, RADIUS
- Experience with the following protocols and concepts: ISP Peering Infrastructure, BNG, TCP/IP, UDP, NAT, QoS, HSRP/VRRP/GLBP, DNS, ARP, HTTP/HTTPS, SNMP, SSL, IPsec and TLS
- Track record of successful technical project execution
- Good documentation and general communication ability with strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills and exceptional attention to detail
- Certification: JNCIP/NRSII/CCNP minimum
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Eligibility to work in Ireland
- Certifications: JNCIE/SRA/CCIE or higher
- Security certification
- Knowledge and experience of Alcatel-Lucent/Nokia SR platform
- Knowledge and experience of Fortigate firewalls
- Experience with the following voice related protocols and concepts: SIP, RTP, H.323, SS7
- Knowledge of licensed microwave technology
- Knowledge of Project management methodologies
- Knowledge and experience of fibre optics and cabling distribution
If you think you have what it takes and you feel the need for a genuine unique challenge, please apply in full confidence to email@example.com.