The Senior Fibre Planner will assist with the management of the Network Documentation System and will lead the department in the use of ConnectMaster to create efficiencies in Planning as well as planning optical fibre/duct /logical/Colo layers and output work packs while reporting on customer connections and operating a Network Documentation System.
Enet operates the largest, alternative, wholesale telecoms network in Ireland. Our infrastructure comprises of over 5,400 Km of state-of-the-art fibre, including metro fibre (Enet owned networks and the Irish State’s Metropolitan Area Networks) and a unique dark fibre backhaul network. In addition, the company also operates one of the largest licensed wireless networks in the country.
Taken together, Enet’s infrastructure creates a fully integrated, nationwide network that is truly open access in nature, enabling our customers, the retail service providers, to deliver world class bandwidth services to their customers throughout Ireland.
Enet are more than just telecoms operators; we are a team of dedicated people who are focused on going that extra mile for our customers.
Here at Enet, we continually strive to be a great organisation. We recognise that the most important ingredient in being a great company is having great people. The Enet team is undoubtedly our greatest asset, and we are dedicated to attracting and retaining extraordinary people.
Enet employees are motivated and highly skilled people who believe in what we are doing and genuinely enjoy coming to work. We have created a happy, relaxed environment for our people, where they have the opportunities to learn and grow on a daily basis. Ours is a fast-paced, dynamic environment; perfect for those who love to be challenged.
We are always on the look-out for people who are talented, highly motivated and dedicated to delivering our commitments to our customers. As part of the Enet team, we will work hard to nurture your talent and curiosity, develop your skills and realise your potential.
- Operation of the Network Documentation System (NDS).
- Manage the ConnectMaster system and FME to maximise department efficiencies
- GIS analysis of existing and new customer data sets
- Creating GIS representations of telecoms networks
- Act as Planning Manager in the absence of the permanent Planning Manager
- Provide GIS mapping support to internal staff and external contractors
- Perform Desk top surveys and report viability of customer connections.
- Provide CAD and mapping support to the all other members of staff.
- Data modeling, building map and database environments on the existing NDS.
- Capacity planning of the duct/fibre/logical/Colo layers maintained in the NDS.
- Plan optical fibre and output work packs for contractor use.
- Qualified to at least degree level in a relevant engineering discipline
- 2+ years’ experience in assisting in leading and managing team of engineer/planners.
- 5+ years’ experience in a telecommunications planning role
- Assist with the management of the data centre cross-connects and facilities
- Good people orientation and ability to communicate and lead by example
- Excellent understanding of GIS, Geodirectory, OSI, Gamma (Mapinfo), Autocad.
- Significant experience in the use of Connect Master is essential
- Experience in the use of FME would be an advantage
- Experience in developing/training fibre planners in the use of automated system would be an advantage
- Inventory Management and Network Planning experience is essential.
- Proficient computer literacy skills in Microsoft applications.
- GIS, AutoCAD, Connectmaster, Geodirectory, Gamma (Mapinfo).
- Good understanding of end to end inventory management of a data communications network.
- Analytical, detail oriented, high level of flexibility with willingness to learn/develop.
- Strong administration/documentation background.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills both oral and written communication.
- Experience in data communications technology or related field would be advantageous.
- Excellent understanding of duct and fibre infrastructure.
- Good understanding of industry trends.
- Track record of successful project execution
If you think you have what it takes and you feel the need for a genuine unique challenge, please apply in full confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. Application closing date for this role is noon, Monday, 2nd September 2019.