Limerick, Ireland (with some travel)
The Provisioning and Deployment Engineer is an integral member of the Service Delivery team. The Engineer work on designing and deploying customer services while identifying requirements for each service delivery and working with relevant departments to ensure these are in place. Post holders will assist the Provisioning and Deployment Manager while maintaining good working relationships with the NOC and relevant internal and external stakeholders.
- Be an active member of the Provisioning & Deployment team by supporting overall goals to achieve realistic outcomes.
- Ensure strict confidentiality in all matters concerning the service delivery department.
- Evaluate and support the implementation of best practice policy and procedures within the Provisioning & Deployment team including the policies and procedures of enet and operate in all aspects of your work.
- Promote dignity at work and show respect to the people we support, colleagues and stakeholders in the course of work performance.
- Responsible for managing on-site engineers when deploying services to ensure quality is maintained during installs.
- Design and deploy customer services to the highest standard across our diverse platforms.
- Identify requirements for each service delivery and work with relevant departments to ensure these are in place – e.g. core nodes, new backhaul, diversity requirements etc.
- Provide technical support on large or complex projects.
- Provide support and guidance to team members where required.
- Provide technical support to the greater service delivery department as required.
- Responsible for network performance review and improvement.
- Responsible for the preparation of customer handover packs to specification and submittal for acceptance.
- Must be available for out-of-hours (night planned works) from time to time.
- Other ad hoc duties or project as required in conjunction with the Provisioning and Deployment Manager
Required Qualifications / Expertise
The role holder will have either a degree in Telecoms or IT Engineering with service provider experience of which field experience is highly desirable. They will be a team player driven by an appetite to learn and develop. They will have a track record of successful technical project execution.
The role holder will have levels of flexibility, willingness to learn and develop and awareness of future trends in the telecommunications industry.
They will have excellent written and spoken English and right to work in Ireland.
Enet are more than just telecoms operators; we are a team of dedicated people who are focused on going that extra mile for our customers. Here at Enet, we recognise that the most important ingredient in being a great company is having great people. The Enet team is undoubtedly our greatest asset, and we are dedicated to attracting and retaining extraordinary people. We are always on the look-out for people who are talented, highly motivated and dedicated to delivering our commitments to our customers. As part of the Enet team, we will work hard to nurture your talent and curiosity, develop your skills and realise your potential.
We have recently opened our state-of-the-art Network Operations Centre (NOC), which is part of the new €1m headquarters in Limerick. This facility doubles the size of the premises we have and will enable us to continue to deliver a genuinely world-class service for our customers. The NOC operates on a 24/7 basis all year round monitoring our wide range of infrastructure. Enet operates the largest, alternative, wholesale telecoms network in Ireland. Our infrastructure comprises of over 5,400 Km of state-of-the-art fibre, including metro fibre (Enet owned networks and the Irish State’s Metropolitan Area Networks) and a unique dark fibre backhaul network. In addition, the company also operates one of the largest licensed wireless networks in the country. Taken together, Enet’s infrastructure creates a fully integrated, nationwide network that is truly open access in nature, enabling our customers, the retail service providers, to deliver world class bandwidth services to their customers throughout Ireland.
If you think you have what it takes and you feel the need for a genuine unique challenge, please apply in full confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org