The network rollout and optimisation network engineer should have knowledge of networking concepts and theory, with experience of working in a telecoms service provider environment.
Enet operates the largest, alternative, wholesale telecoms network in Ireland. Our infrastructure comprises of over 5,400 Km of state-of-the-art fibre, including metro fibre (Enet owned networks and the Irish State’s Metropolitan Area Networks) and a unique dark fibre backhaul network. In addition, the company also operates one of the largest licensed wireless networks in the country.
Taken together, Enet’s infrastructure creates a fully integrated, nationwide network that is truly open access in nature, enabling our customers, the retail service providers, to deliver world class bandwidth services to their customers throughout Ireland.
Enet are more than just telecoms operators; we are a team of dedicated people who are focused on going that extra mile for our customers.
Here at Enet, we continually strive to be a great organisation. We recognise that the most important ingredient in being a great company is having great people. The Enet team is undoubtedly our greatest asset, and we are dedicated to attracting and retaining extraordinary people.
Enet employees are motivated and highly skilled people who believe in what we are doing and genuinely enjoy coming to work. We have created a happy, relaxed environment for our people, where they have the opportunities to learn and grow on a daily basis. Ours is a fast-paced, dynamic environment; perfect for those who love to be challenged.
We are always on the look-out for people who are talented, highly motivated and dedicated to delivering our commitments to our customers. As part of the Enet team, we will work hard to nurture your talent and curiosity, develop your skills and realise your potential.
- Large scale Layer2/Layer3 network and services migration project successful execution
- Mapping and documenting existing services and network in advance of migrating to new platform
- Service build including design, configuration and interconnect mapping for all access and core nodes
- Network performance review and improvement
- Support for internal customers during the migration transition
- Configuration, management and troubleshooting of network related issues
- Drive standards across the migrated network in transition and ensure that we are fully compliant to those standards and policies
- Create and review documentation and process regarding project issues, new standard operating procedures, knowledge transfer material, etc.
- Knowledge and experience of Juniper & Alcatel Lucent routers and switches
- Knowledge of and experience with routing protocols, specifically BGP, MPLS, ISIS, OSPF
- Experience with the following protocols and concepts: Ethernet, TCP/IP, UDP, NAT, QoS, HSRP/VRRP/GLBP, ARP, SNMP, SSL and IPsec
- Track record of successful technical project execution
- Good documentation and general communication ability with strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills and exceptional attention to detail
- Certification: JNCIA/NRSI/CCNA
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Eligibility to work in Ireland
- Certifications: JNCIS/NRSII/CCNP
- Track record of successful service/network migrations project execution
- Knowledge and experience of firewalls
- Knowledge and experience of fibre optics and cabling distribution systems
- Knowledge and experience of Alcatel-Lucent SR platform
- Knowledge of licensed microwave technology
- Knowledge of Project management methodologies
If you think you have what it takes and you feel the need for a genuine unique challenge, please apply in full confidence to email@example.com.