The Field Supervisor will attend customer site surveys and agree design measures, supervise works in the field, and provide assistance to enet sales staff in potential opportunities.
Enet operates the largest, alternative, wholesale telecoms network in Ireland. Our infrastructure comprises of over 5,400 Km of state-of-the-art fibre, including metro fibre (Enet owned networks and the Irish State’s Metropolitan Area Networks) and a unique dark fibre backhaul network. In addition, the company also operates one of the largest licensed wireless networks in the country.
Taken together, Enet’s infrastructure creates a fully integrated, nationwide network that is truly open access in nature, enabling our customers, the retail service providers, to deliver world class bandwidth services to their customers throughout Ireland.
Enet are more than just telecoms operators; we are a team of dedicated people who are focused on going that extra mile for our customers.
Here at Enet, we continually strive to be a great organisation. We recognise that the most important ingredient in being a great company is having great people. The Enet team is undoubtedly our greatest asset, and we are dedicated to attracting and retaining extraordinary people.
Enet employees are motivated and highly skilled people who believe in what we are doing and genuinely enjoy coming to work. We have created a happy, relaxed environment for our people, where they have the opportunities to learn and grow on a daily basis. Ours is a fast-paced, dynamic environment; perfect for those who love to be challenged.
We are always on the look-out for people who are talented, highly motivated and dedicated to delivering our commitments to our customers. As part of the Enet team, we will work hard to nurture your talent and curiosity, develop your skills and realise your potential.
- Attending customer site surveys and agree design and measures with contractors / end customers.
- Provide field assistance to enet sales and planning for new orders or potential new leads
- Supervising works in the field, ensuring the highest quality is maintained and within budget
- Ensuring contractors are fully compliant with all their duties in relation to Health & Safety
- Liaise with Local Authorities, landlords and other bodies regarding private wayleave’s, public road opening licences, infrastructure lift & shifts and plant protection etc.
- Signoff of as-built documentation and approve application for payments.
- Preventative maintenance on external plant as required
- Provide remote hands support for managed services and NOC
- A minimum of 5 years telecoms experience – Primarily on Fibre trunk/access networks and customer installs.
- Good academic grounding in civils methodology
- Particular focus on underground ducting and in-building cable routing, containment and fire stopping etc.
- Microsoft Office skills – i.e. Excel, Word, Outlook etc.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills and exceptional attention to detail
- Good documentation and general communication ability with strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent team worker, highly motivated to learn and develop a career in Telecoms
- Third level qualification in one of the following – Telecoms, IT Engineering, Quantity Surveying, Civil Engineering or Construction Site Management
If you think you have what it takes and you feel the need for a genuine unique challenge, please apply in full confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.