Overall Role Purpose
- The role will focus on leading the delivery of the Group’s data protection compliance program and providing advice to the Group’s internal business teams on data protection risks and compliance requirements.
- The successful candidate will have prior experience in managing the delivery of a data protection compliance project and ideally experience advising a telecommunications company in particular.
- Drive and deliver the Group’s data protection compliance programme to include:
- creating and maintaining comprehensive records of all data processing activities conducted by the Group in line with the GDPR provisions (article 30);
- reviewing and amending third party and intra group relationships to ensure that they are complaint with relevant data protection legislation and regulations;
- reviewing business activities e.g. marketing from a GDPR compliance perspective
- analysis and advice in relation to any non EEA data transfers
- driving stakeholder engagement in the compliance program;
- Be the designated point of contact for colleagues on data protection queries;
- Advise on, and negotiate, data protection issues within commercial contracts;
- Identify and assess data protection risks by developing gap analysis and action plans to address gaps identified;
- Develop and deliver data protection training and awareness programs;
- Monitor developments in data protection and information security (i.e. new laws, regulations, important judgements, regulatory guidance, etc.) and understand how these developments impact our business;
- Prepare Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIAs) and Legitimate Interest Assessments (LIAs) for new and existing business processes;
- Log and track any information required to make sure we are operating within agreed regulatory guidelines and update the Senior Commercial Lawyer and General Counsel with trends analysis, reporting and suggestions for process improvement;
- Engage with the DPC on data protection and privacy issues;
- Support business teams with any requests from data subjects; and
- Support the risk management function through identifying and evaluating risks in the areas of data privacy and data security and finding ways to mitigate them while achieving business goals.
- Service Delivery
- External Law Firms
- Regulators (e.g, DPC)
- Data Subjects (customers)
Authorised and empowered to make decisions on enet’s behalf within scope of roles and responsibilities: agree contract terms in consultation with the business and in line with set parameters to be agreed with Line Manager and to provide legal advice to a good professional standard
Limits of Financial Authority
Limits to be agreed with Line Manager
- Have a minimum of 2 to 5 years relevant data protection experience
- Proven experience in leading the delivery of a data protection compliance program
- Strong demonstrated experience in the provision of data privacy advices
- Experience in identifying and mitigating data protection and privacy risks
- Experience advising telecommunications clients or in a telecommunications company is an advantage
Enet are more than just telecoms operators; we are a team of dedicated people who are focused on going that extra mile for our customers. Here at Enet, we recognise that the most important ingredient in being a great company is having great people. The Enet team is undoubtedly our greatest asset, and we are dedicated to attracting and retaining extraordinary people. We are always on the look-out for people who are talented, highly motivated and dedicated to delivering our commitments to our customers. As part of the Enet team, we will work hard to nurture your talent and curiosity, develop your skills and realise your potential.
We have recently opened our state-of-the-art Network Operations Centre (NOC), which is part of the new €1m headquarters in Limerick. This facility doubles the size of the premises we have and will enable us to continue to deliver a genuinely world-class service for our customers. The NOC operates on a 24/7 basis all year round monitoring our wide range of infrastructure. Enet operates the largest, alternative, wholesale telecoms network in Ireland. Our infrastructure comprises of over 5,400 Km of state-of-the-art fibre, including metro fibre (Enet owned networks and the Irish State’s Metropolitan Area Networks) and a unique dark fibre backhaul network. In addition, the company also operates one of the largest licensed wireless networks in the country. Taken together, Enet’s infrastructure creates a fully integrated, nationwide network that is truly open access in nature, enabling our customers, the retail service providers, to deliver world class bandwidth services to their customers throughout Ireland.
If you think you have what it takes and you feel the need for a genuine unique challenge, please apply in full confidence to email@example.com