Overall Role Purpose
The role will involve negotiating a wide variety of commercial contracts, advising businesses in the group on day-to-day legal and regulatory matters that arise and advising and supporting the regulatory strategy and framework for the business.
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating a wide variety of commercial contracts e.g. master services agreements, MANs agreements, licence agreements, construction works agreements, contractor agreements, customer agreements (both B2B and B2C), marketing agreements, software licence agreements, support and maintenance agreements etc.
- Providing advice on legal and regulatory issues to all levels of personnel across the group, up to and including senior executives, as matters arise and ensuring the businesses are compliant with all relevant legislation and regulation in all its operations.
- Be the designated liaison with the regulator (Comreg) and coordinate responses to information requests, ensure on time reporting and engage in consultations as required
- Support the risk management function and regulatory compliance through identifying and ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements
- Stay up to date on regulatory laws, regulations, codes and guidance that impacts our business, identifying and evaluating business and legal risks, and finding ways to mitigate them while achieving business goals
- Supporting and managing legal projects as required and liaising with stakeholders around the business for input and support in such projects
- Identify inefficiencies in our ways of working and make recommendations on process improvement
- Assisting with reporting for monthly business review meetings
- Service Delivery
- External Law Firms
- Regulators (e.g, Comreg)
Authorised and empowered to make decisions on enet’s behalf within scope of roles and responsibilities: agree contract terms in consultation with the business and in line with set parameters to be agreed with Line Manager and to provide legal advice to a good professional standard
Limits of financial authority
Limits to be agreed with Line Manager
- Qualified lawyer
- Have a minimum of 2 to 5 years relevant legal and regulatory experience
- Experience in identifying and mitigating legal and regulatory risks
- Experience advising telecommunications clients (either in house or externally) is an advantage
Enet are more than just telecoms operators; we are a team of dedicated people who are focused on going that extra mile for our customers. Here at Enet, we recognise that the most important ingredient in being a great company is having great people. The Enet team is undoubtedly our greatest asset, and we are dedicated to attracting and retaining extraordinary people. We are always on the look-out for people who are talented, highly motivated and dedicated to delivering our commitments to our customers. As part of the Enet team, we will work hard to nurture your talent and curiosity, develop your skills and realise your potential.
We have recently opened our state-of-the-art Network Operations Centre (NOC), which is part of the new €1m headquarters in Limerick. This facility doubles the size of the premises we have and will enable us to continue to deliver a genuinely world-class service for our customers. The NOC operates on a 24/7 basis all year round monitoring our wide range of infrastructure. Enet operates the largest, alternative, wholesale telecoms network in Ireland. Our infrastructure comprises of over 5,400 Km of state-of-the-art fibre, including metro fibre (Enet owned networks and the Irish State’s Metropolitan Area Networks) and a unique dark fibre backhaul network. In addition, the company also operates one of the largest licensed wireless networks in the country. Taken together, Enet’s infrastructure creates a fully integrated, nationwide network that is truly open access in nature, enabling our customers, the retail service providers, to deliver world class bandwidth services to their customers throughout Ireland.
If you think you have what it takes and you feel the need for a genuine unique challenge, please apply in full confidence to email@example.com