Network Operation Centre (NOC) Engineer Tier 1 (Contract)
enet, Ireland’s largest open access network operator and the company responsible for managing the State’s fibre-optic Metropolitan Area Networks (MANs). enet provide a wide range of telecoms services on a wholesale basis and have become the provider of choice for fibre network services to the telecommunications industry in Ireland.
enet is now looking to recruit a Network Operations Engineer for a 12 month contract. The successful candidate will participate in a shift rota to provide 24/7 cover to enet’s customers. This position will be based in Limerick. The role will involve monitoring, investigating and tracking all events on the network.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Monitoring all aspects of enet’s network including devices, collocation facilities, backhaul links. Opening cases and taking action within SLAs, demonstrating a methodical trouble shooting approach with detailed case updates being tracked at all times.
- Initial trouble shooting and diagnosis of all faults using enet’s trouble-shooting tools and monitoring systems.
- Opening quality trouble tickets and follow correct incident management procedures to own, track, report, document and manage faults to resolution.
- Escalate issues as necessary to support teams in an efficient manner retaining close management of open issues.
- Providing quality support to enet’s customer base updating and resolving issues in a professional manner within predefined SLAs.
- Manage customer enquiries, complaints and requests in a responsive and professional fashion.
- Install, commission and test equipment on customer/enet premises in accordance with enet’s predefined procedures.
- Participation in the 24/7 shift rota
- Technical Background.
- General understanding of telecoms transmission/networking principles.
- Excellent documentation skills.
- High levels of flexibility, willingness to learn and develop in addition to an awareness of future. trends in the telecommunications industry.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office applications.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Eligible to work in Ireland.
- A reliable team player who as the ability to multitask and work on their own initiative.
- Proven interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to prioritise.
- Educated to degree level or 1 – 2 years networking experience, ideally in a telecommunications. environment but similar experience in an enterprise environment will also be considered.
- CCNA certification or similar industry recognized IP/Ethernet certification is preferable but not essential and equivalent experience will be considered.
- Technical support/service desk experience and/or previous NOC experience is required.
- Knowledge of ITIL desirable.
Interested candidates please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org