Network Operations Centre (NOC) Tier 2 Engineer
enet is Ireland’s largest open access network operator and is responsible for managing the State’s fibre-optic Metropolitan Area Networks (MANs). We provide a wide range of services on a wholesale basis to the Irish telecommunications operator community. The environment is fast-paced, challenging and customer-oriented. We have built a business and a team that, we believe, is Ireland’s best. We are hiring a Tier 2 Engineer on a permanent basis to work within our Network Operations Centre. This role will be based in our Limerick office.
- Provide 2nd line technical support for enet’s Network Operations Centre team to resolve faults/events per customers SLAs.
- Ensure customers are kept fully up to date with the status of notified incidents/queries as per SLAs
- Mentoring of 1st line technical support engineers.
- Provide timely completion of root cause investigations after fault scenarios.
- Planning and execution of network change activities such as network configuration changes, platform migrations, software upgrades
- Operational verification of new network infrastructure and platforms
- Facilities Management – oversee the ongoing maintenance of enet facilities across the country
- Change management approval and scheduling
- Vendor/partner interaction and escalation handling
- Participation in company emergency callout Rota
- Additional duties as required
Key Required Competencies
- Three years’ experience in Network Operations Centre at Telecom operator
- In depth knowledge of DWDM/Ethernet/IP/MPLS/Wireless, preferably specialized in one with a good grounding in the others
- Excellent communication skills with ability to build strong relationships with peer engineers internally and externally in customer and vendor organizations.
- Good understanding of Co-location Build (Power, Aircon, batteries, BMS)
- Good understanding of transmission and routing & switching network principles, including service and network build experience in those platforms
- Excellent time management and organizational skills and exceptional attention to detail with an ability to multitask
- High levels of flexibility, willingness to learn and develop and awareness of future trends in the telecommunications industry
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Eligibility to work in Ireland
Additional Competencies which would be highly advantageous (in order of priority)
- Familiarity with one (or more) of the following vendor platforms – Nokia (formerly Alcatel-Lucent), Juniper, Ceragon, Ciena, or Coriant (formerly Tellabs)
- Experience testing or validating Carrier Network design and rollout.
- Cisco/Juniper/Nokia - IP/Ethernet certification
- Track record of successful technical project execution
- Familiarity with ITIL framework
If you think you have what it takes and you feel the need for a genuinely unique challenge, please apply in full confidence to email@example.com by 5.30pm on Monday 12th November 2018.