Network Fibre Planner
enet operates 94 Metropolitan Area Networks supported by a Core National Network. enet provides a wide range of services on a wholesale basis to the Irish telecommunications operator community. We are hiring a Network Fibre Planner to work within our planning team.
- Operation of a Network Documentation System (NDS).
- Plan optical fibre and output work packs for contractor use.
- Desk top surveys and report viability of customer connections.
- Provide CAD and mapping support to the all other members of staff.
- Data modeling, building map and database environments on the existing NDS.
- Capacity planning of the duct/fibre/logical/Colo layers maintained in the NDS.
- Inventory Management and Network Planning experience is essential.
- Proficient computer literacy skills in Microsoft applications.
- GIS, AutoCAD, Connectmaster, Geodirectory, Gamma (Mapinfo) skills are essential.
- Good understanding of inventory management of a data communications network.
- Analytical, detail oriented, high level of flexibility with willingness to learn/develop.
- Strong administration/documentation background.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a structure format.
- Strong interpersonal skills both oral and written communication.
- Fibre network experience is desirable.
- Qualification/experience in data communications technology or related field would be advantageous.
- Other tasks as required.
Interested parties should apply in full confidence to email@example.com