Mechanical / Electrical Engineer
Reporting to the Network Operations Centre Manager
Based in Limerick, Enet Head Office.
Requirement to travel Nationally to conduct site visits on a scheduled basis.
enet is Ireland’s largest open access network operator and is the company responsible for managing the State’s fibre-optic Metropolitan Area Networks (MANs). enet provide a wide range of telecoms services on a wholesale basis and have become the provider of choice for fibre network services to the telecommunications industry in Ireland.
enet are more than just telecoms operators; we are a team of dedicated people who are focused on going that extra mile for our customers.
Here at enet we continually strive to be a great organisation. We recognise that the most important ingredient in being a great company is having great people. The enet team is undoubtedly our greatest asset, and we are dedicated to attracting and retaining extraordinary people.
enet employees are motivated and highly skilled people who believe in what we are doing and genuinely enjoy coming to work. We have created a happy, relaxed environment for our people, where they have the opportunities to learn and grow on a daily basis. Ours is a fast-paced, dynamic environment, perfect for those with who love to be challenged.
We are always on the look-out for people who are talented, highly motivated and dedicated to delivering our commitments to our customers. As part of the enet team we will work hard to nurture your talent and curiosity, develop your skills and realise your potential.
- Scheduling and tracking Planned Preventative Maintenance for Enet’s Co-Located sites and Wireless sites via third parties.
- Ensuring that work is complete in accordance with Health and Safety and while adhering to company policies and procedures
- Complete electrical surveys, to audit power capacity on a site by site basis to include battery back up solution integrity.
- Review site Cooling requirements and implement appropriate best practice solutions to ensure site availability.
- Maintain site access technology and monitoring systems for remote door access hardware / electro mechanical locking systems.
- Prepare technical submittals and audit reports for site power, capacity and availability KPI’s.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes
- Assist with the management of spares, RMA and stock levels to ensure spares are available for incident management.
- Advise management on whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous
- Contributing expertise to the design Co-ordination of installation & Customer deliveries.
- Ability to think outside the core Electrical discipline and integrate a multi-disciplinary approach into non-standard coordinated solutions.
- Attend meetings and communicate with clients and project team members to establish their needs.
- Preparation of specifications and drawings for predominantly electrical systems.
- A Degree in Electrical Engineering / Level 5 (NFQ) Electrical Qualification
- Electrical Engineer with 1-3 years + experience in electrical design within a consultancy
- Thorough knowledge of safety procedures and legal regulations and guidelines
- Knowledge of residential and non-residential Part L compliance checks an advantage
- Knowledge of electrical installation regulations ET101
- Good planning, organisational and time management skills.
- Some previous client facing experience would be an advantage
- Experience working on commercial Telecommunication installations & datacentre infrastructure
- Experience working with Telecommunication site power distribution systems, such as Eltek Power products and associated management systems.
- Good problem solving, presentation, communication
If you think you have what it takes and you feel the need for a genuine unique challenge, please apply in full confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. Application closing date for this role is noon Tuesday 23rd April 2019.