Head of Systems Development & Process Improvement
enet currently has an exciting opportunity for a Head of Systems Development and Process improvement to join an exciting telecommunications company on a 12 month maternity cover contract role. Enet are implementing some of the latest technology and the ideal candidate will be someone who has extensive experience managing Information Systems, knows the systems and has potentially progressed from a hands-on background.
Job Purpose: The Head of Systems Development & Process Improvement role is to provide leadership in the operation, management and development of the Information Systems & Process teams. The role includes the responsibility to plan, coordinate, and supervise all activities related to the design, development and implementation of organisational information systems and software applications, and to maintain the information systems through best practices and the appropriate staffing and management of a technical team. The Head of Systems Development & Process Improvement is also responsible for maintaining, supporting, and upgrading existing systems and applications and the rollout of the Lean initiative in enet.
- Manage the systems development and Business Systems support functions responsible for the portfolio of business critical information and software applications
- Set the overall standards and objectives for the teams, managing performance and professional development, identifying and arranging appropriate training, developing the teams' skills and experience thus equipping the team for both current development requirements and emerging technologies
- Responsible for the delivery of Information Systems and associated support services to customers across the business including systems availability and performance, support and change management services
- Responsible for implementing the strategic approach to information and Information systems portfolio management
- Develop and maintain a roadmap of the existing information systems portfolio ensuring that upgrades and enhancements are evaluated and deployed appropriately in collaboration with business users and technical colleagues
- Ensure that the Information Systems within the portfolio are compliant with internal security policies and external legislative requirements such as data protection
- Set the strategic direction for key processes, including requirements analysis, test management, user-centred design and solution design.
- Work with colleagues in Infrastructure, Operations and Project teams to put in place robust and repeatable processes for transitioning new services to the live environment
- Develop and quality assure project proposals and business cases for new information systems and ensure that they meet strategic objectives.
- Advise the business of the relative opportunities, costs and risk of the proposed projects and current portfolio
- Work with colleagues to ensure that information systems projects are appropriately resourced and delivered to the highest quality, on time and on budget
- Responsible for business continuity plan for the company
- Liaise with colleagues to drive the business transformation initiative within the company
- Extensive knowledge of a range of systems, development practices and methods including enterprise information and integration architecture
- Knowledge of application development tools and techniques
- Awareness of current strategic issues, policies and developments within the telecoms sector
- Standards and best practices relating to IT and Information systems development (e.g ITIL, ISO 9001)
- Detailed knowledge of IT controls and governance procedures including risk assessment and mitigation strategies
Skills & Experience
- Proven management and leadership experience
- Previous experience of leading a team providing high quality application support and development
- Demonstrable experience and knowledge of the software development lifecycle
- Experience in the presentation and interpretation of complex information to non-technical audiences
- Previous experience of Windows, RHEL, AWS, CRM management
- A record of managing complex and significant projects and programmes
- Experience managing vendors
- Previous experience in a telco environment would be advantageous
- Previous experience managing a continuous improvement or lean programme
- Innovative and lateral thinker with the tenacity to see things through to a successful outcome.
- 3rd level qualification in a technical or business discipline
- Project management qualification an advantage
- Lean Green belt certification or similar also advantageous