GIS Analyst/Fibre Designer
enet is Ireland’s largest open access network operator and is the company responsible for managing the State’s fibre-optic Metropolitan Area Networks (MANs). enet provide a wide range of telecoms services on a wholesale basis and have become the provider of choice for fibre network services to the telecommunications industry in Ireland.
enet are more than just telecoms operators; we are a team of dedicated people who are focused on going that extra mile for our customers.
Here at enet we continually strive to be a great organisation. We recognise that the most important ingredient in being a great company is having great people. The enet team is undoubtedly our greatest asset, and we are dedicated to attracting and retaining extraordinary people.
enet employees are motivated and highly skilled people who believe in what we are doing and genuinely enjoy coming to work. We have created a happy, relaxed environment for our people, where they have the opportunities to learn and grow on a daily basis. Ours is a fast-paced, dynamic environment, perfect for those with who love to be challenged.
We are always on the look-out for people who are talented, highly motivated and dedicated to delivering our commitments to our customers. As part of the enet team we will work hard to nurture your talent and curiosity, develop your skills and realise your potential.
- GIS analysis of existing and new customer data sets
- Creating GIS representations of telecoms networks
- Manipulating addressing source info and maintaining a database
- Operation of a Network Documentation System and integration between that and GIS
- Provide GIS mapping support to internal staff and external contractors
- Plan optical fibre and output work packs for contractor use
- Desk top surveys and report viability of customer connections
- Data modeling, building map and database environments on the existing NDS.
- Capacity planning of the duct/fibre/logical/Colo layers maintained in the NDS.
- Inventory Management and Network Planning experience is essential.
- Database skills are very desirable (SQL/Oracle)
- Proficient computer literacy skills in Microsoft applications
- FME, ARCGIS, MapInfo, QGIS skills are essential
- Good understanding of inventory management of a data communications network.
- Analytical, detail oriented, high level of flexibility with willingness to learn/develop
- Strong administration/documentation background.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a structure format.
- Strong interpersonal skills both oral and written communication.
- Fibre network experience is desirable.
- Qualification/ 2 years GIS experience data communications technology or related field would be advantageous.
- Other tasks as required.
If you think you have what it takes and you feel the need for a genuine unique challenge, please apply in full confidence to email@example.com before noon Monday 25th February 2019.