NOC Network Engineer
enet runs 94 Metropolitan Area Networks and a national backbone network which together form the largest fibre-optic only network in Ireland and has been growing rapidly for the past number of years. We provide a wide range of services on a wholesale basis to the Irish telecommunications operator community.
enet are seeking a NOC Network Engineer to provide support focused on our Wholesale Managed Service Provider Solutions such as Layer2/Layer3 MPLS, Cloud/CPE Security Service, and Voice SIP Trunks. We provide a fast-paced and challenging customer-oriented environment and we are committed to continuous learning and development for all employees. The primary location of this role will be either our Limerick or Dublin office and will require frequent travel between offices and customer premises.
- Use network tools to monitor core network and customer services.
- Proactively initiate incident management processes.
- Perform diagnostics on all MPLS, Voice and Wireless faults.
- Management and technical escalation of trouble tickets in line with process.
- Coordinate NOC activities with local Field Operations and Vendor/Supplier representatives to diagnose and fix faults across enet network
- Liaise with customer representatives to progress fault resolution.
- Providing support and training to Tier 1 engineers.
- Operational management capabilities; vendor management, incident management and change management.
- Closely managing major incidents and issue resolution, contributing to network stability, incident and problem management to identify, restore service, and remove root cause to prevent re-occurrence.
- Partake in an on call rota and available for out of hours work on request.
Key Required Competencies
- High level exposure to WAN/LAN/OSPF/Layer 3 Routing protocols
- Knowledge of SIP, SS7, RTP, TCP/IP, NAT, scripting
- Strong Background working with Network Operations/Transmission/Wireless/IP experience.
- In depth knowledge of DWDM/Ethernet/IP/MPLS.
- Telecommunications operator and/or vendor experience in a transmission environment.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills and exceptional attention to detail with an ability to multitask.
- Good documentation and general communication skills with ability to build strong relationships with peers in customer and vendor organizations.
- High levels of flexibility, willingness to learn and develop and awareness of future trends in the telecommunications industry.
- Able to resolve problems quickly and effectively
Additional Competencies which would be highly advantageous (in order of priority)
- Familiarity with one (or more) of the following vendor platforms – Juniper, Ceragon, Nokia.
- Focused on maintaining positive customers experience of enet services.
- Experience testing or validating Carrier Network design and rollout.
- Cisco or other IP/Ethernet certification.
- Familiarity with ITIL framework, accreditation an advantage.
Interested candidates please apply in full confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org