Graduate Network Engineer
enet, Ireland’s largest open access network operator and the company responsible for managing the State’s fibre-optic Metropolitan Area Networks (MANs). enet provide a wide range of telecoms services on a wholesale basis and have become the provider of choice for fibre network services to the telecommunications industry in Ireland.
enet is now looking to recruit a Graduate Network Engineer. The successful candidates will participate in a shift rota to provide 24/7 cover to enet’s customers. This position is a 12-month contract and will be based in Limerick. The role will involve monitoring, investigating and tracking all events on the network.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Monitoring all aspects of enet’s network including devices, collocation facilities, backhaul links. Opening cases and taking action within SLAs, demonstrating a methodical troubleshooting approach with detailed case updates being tracked at all times.
- Initial troubleshooting and diagnosis of all faults using enet’s troubleshooting tools and monitoring systems.
- Opening quality trouble tickets and follow correct incident management procedures to own, track, report, document and manage faults to resolution.
- Escalate issues as necessary to support teams in an efficient manner retaining close management of open issues.
- Providing quality support to enet’s customer base updating and resolving issues in a professional manner within predefined SLAs.
- Manage customer enquiries, complaints and requests in a responsive and professional fashion.
- Install, commission and test equipment on customer/enet premises in accordance with enet’s predefined procedures.
- Technical Background.
- General understanding of telecoms transmission/networking principles.
- Excellent documentation skills.
- High levels of flexibility, willingness to learn and develop in addition to an awareness of future trends in the telecommunications industry.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office applications.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Eligible to work in Ireland.
- Full drivers license.
- A reliable team player who as the ability to multitask and work on their own initiative.
- Proven interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to prioritise.
- Educated to degree level or 1 – 2 years networking experience, ideally in a telecommunications environment but similar experience in an enterprise environment will also be considered.
- CCNA certification or similar industry recognised IP/Ethernet certification is preferable but not essential and equivalent experience will be considered.
- Technical support experience and/or previous NOC experience is a huge bonus.
Interested candidates, please apply in full confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org