Senior Network Engineer
We are looking for a senior network engineer with an expert knowledge of networking concepts and theory and with experience participating in operational network support in a service provider environment.
Ideally, the candidate will also have solid knowledge and understanding of information security principles, protocols, standards and practices. This role will be based in either the Limerick or Dublin office.
- End-to-end design, planning, implementation and support of internal and customer network solutions
- Configuration, management and troubleshooting of network related issues
- Provide higher level operational network support
- Support day-to-day managed firewall administration
- Drive standards across the network and ensure that we are fully compliant to those standards and policies
- Create and review documentation and process regarding recurring issues, new standard operating procedures, knowledge transfer material, etc.
- Act as mentor to network team members
- Participate as escalation point in rotating third level on-call support schedule
Key Required Competencies:
- Knowledge and experience of Juniper routers and switches
- In-depth knowledge of and experience with routeing protocols, specifically BGP, MPLS, ISIS, OSPF
- Experience with the following protocols and concepts: TCP/IP, UDP, NAT, QoS, HSRP/VRRP/GLBP, DNS, ARP, HTTP/HTTPS, SNMP, SSL, IPsec and TLS
- Certification: JNCIS or CCNP minimum
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Eligibility to work in Ireland
- Certifications: JNCIP/ CCIE or higher
- Security certification
- Knowledge and experience of Fortigate firewalls
- Knowledge and experience of Alcatel-Lucent SR platform
- Experience with the following voice related protocols and concepts: SIP, RTP, H.323, SS7
- Knowledge of licensed microwave technology
Interested candidates please apply in full confidence to email@example.com by close of business on Wednesday May 3rd 2017.